VIReC Intranet: www.virec.research.va.gov
Mission: To advance VA capacity to use data effectively for research and quality improvement and to foster communication between research data users and the VA healthcare community.
- Advancing Data Knowledge & Methods – We conduct research and collaborate with experts in the field to create a knowledge base of factual and evaluative information about VA data and information systems.
- Disseminating Data Knowledge – We disseminate information that enables researchers to maximize the power of VA data and information systems and facilitate knowledge sharing among the data user community.
- Enhancing Data Access & Capacity – We collaborate with VA data stewards and program offices to enhance data availability and to address issues affecting research that uses data and information systems.
VIReC Products & Services
VIReC is a key source of data knowledge and guidance regarding VA data and information systems. VIReC disseminates products and services on our Intranet and Internet websites, including data documentation and user guides, cyberseminars and tutorials, HelpDesk services, and access to our virtual knowledge-sharing forum.
- Data Knowledge Products – a knowledge base of factual and evaluative information for VA researchers who are using VA data and information systems.
- Education – cyberseminars, presentations, and tutorials to help VA researchers with accessing and using VA data.
- Data News – current news and updates regarding health data, databases, and medical informatics.
- Publications – peer reviewed articles, papers, and journal supplements published by VIReC staff.
- Support – individualized responses to requests from VA researchers about databases and information systems used for VA research.